Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Papa Johns

Pizza Delivery must be one of the greatest things available in food delivery. It's great for the rainy days, lazy days, kid parties, quick food delivered, late night meal, and many more.  I remember when Domino's was the delivery kings in the 80's(Avoid the Noid).  Then Pizza Hut took over as the delivery kings in the 90's-mid 2000.  Papa Johns came on like gangbusters and I think are at the top of delivery if not, real close to Pizza hut for the #1 spot.

I like to alternate ordering from the Big three (Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa Johns) so this weekend, I stopped in and ordered a Tuscan Six Cheese pizza and Cheese sticks from Papa Johns before picking up a movie at blockbuster with the kids.  The Cheese Sticks are pretty good.  I kinda think of it as a mini white-pizza.  It has a good taste, cheesey, and with no tomoato sauce so it's a great alternative for breadsticks or garlic breads.  If you haven't tried this appetizer, I would definitely order one next time.

The Tuscan Six Cheese pizza is topped with an authentic six-cheese blend of mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, provolone and Fontina. They Sprinkle a special blend of Italian herb seasonings for an extra dash of flavor.  I must say, this option gives a big change to the normal Pizza fastfood chains. The cheese's and the herb seasoning provide a nice flavor once you take the first bite. I'm not a big fan of too much tomato sauce, so I normally ask for light sauce and welldone.  It's a "specialty pizza" so it will cost a bit more then the regular pie, but well worth it for a change of the usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment